Preparing Your Family Session?
If you’re preparing for a photo session with your children, you may be feeling a bit nervous. Children aren’t always easy to deal with, which is why the below tips will definitely come in handy before your upcoming photo session. Let me share some quick tips for creating a great photo session with kids.
5 Tips for Making a Photo Session with Kids Easier
1. Don’t make a huge deal out of it. Start talking about the photo shoot a few days in advance to get them comfortable with the idea. Let them know how much the photo shoot means to you. If you’re stressed out and cranky at the session, your children will usually pick up on it and act accordingly. Their behavior will usually be better if you are relaxed and having fun.
2. Make it fun. Let your children have a couple “fun pictures” where they get to pick their own pose or props. You get to keep the more serious photos while they get to keep their silly photos. This way everyone wins.
3. Be prepared. If you’re going to be out for several hours, ensure that your children are well fed, rested, and have had their nap. Also, bringing some snacks and activities along is also a great idea. If you are having your own photos taken too then you might want to bring a babysitter or family member along to watch your children. You never know when you might need something like bug spray, tissues or a first aid kit, so bring that along too.
4. Have a chat. Get your children talking to both you and the photographer about topics such as school or their favorite songs. This allows them to feel more comfortable around your photographer and will also give your photographer a chance to capture a few candid and cute expressions.
5. Don’t just focus on the final product. Great photos are reflective of your life exactly at the time they’re taken. If your baby won’t stop crying and if your dog won’t sit, that is OK. This is something they can look back and remember/see what they looked like and how much they were loved by family when they see those pictures in the future.
Guides for You
When you book Mai Fotography for your session, you will receive a how to prep guide. For instance, The Family Session guide includes the sections of what to wear and how to prepare your family for the photoshoot. The Newborn Session guide includes specific direction of how to prepare your newborn baby before the photoshoot.
I hope these five tips for a photo session with kids help your next photoshoot. If you are interested in your family session in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong, please contact me today!